Thread: [Game Takes] Canes 7 Flames 2
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 12:08 AM   #7
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D as in David View Post
For whatever reason, their heads were spinning for most of the game and couldn't get any flow into their game. I don't think they are this bad.
I agree. Just as they were not as good as they looked against Tampa Bay.

There is an old saying among diplomats: ‘Russia is never as strong as she looks. Russia is never as weak as she looks.’ You could say the same thing about almost any NHL team at any given time.

Remember last year, when the Bruins curbstomped the regular-season points record, only to go out with a whimper in the first round of the playoffs? Not as strong as they looked.

It was sensible to expect the Flames to lose these last two games, but not to be wiped out. They're not as weak as they look right now.

The way I figure it, team defence is bad not only because the best defensive pair is gone, but the forward lines are scrambled, the new defencemen hardly know each other, and Weegar and Andersson are taking it on the chin because they're not a shutdown pair but have to fill that role. Some of these things will sort themselves out, and we'll have a merely poor team instead of an embarrassing one.