View Single Post
Old 03-09-2024, 07:07 AM   #58
Nelson
First Line Centre

Exp:

After seeing all of the trades on deadline day, I continue to feel quite positive about Conroy's work so far, and I'm excited to see what he can do in 2024-2025.

My thoughts on the trades of the 2024 UFAs, in chronological order:

1. Toffoli - home run, because the Flames got a 3rd and a potential 30 goal scorer, who is RH, who recently turned 25 and who has fit in beautifully with his team, for a player who went at the deadline for a 2nd and a 3rd;

2. Zadorov - good trade, because you get two lottery tickets and got rid of a player who wasn't a fit with the team and who was fully compensated by his contract;

3. Lindhom - home run, because relative to the other returns I saw around the trade deadline, a 1st, Brzustewicz, Kuzmenko, Jurmo, and a 4th that could become a 3rd is lots;

4. Tanev - completely fine, because the value appears to be completely fine relative to the other trades made at the TDL, (and because I'm excited by the early reviews from The Scorpion about Grushnikov); and

5. Hanifin - completely fine, because the value appears to be completely fine relative to the other trades made at the TDL.

Also, I hope Conroy can trade Markstrom at the draft for a significant return. Maybe he can get a valuable piece like the Canucks did when they traded Schneider? I'd love Mercer!

Finally, I'd comment that I think Backlund was a good re-signing as Backlund seems to be doing a good job as captain based on how hard the team has played in the midst of adversity.

Last edited by Nelson; 03-09-2024 at 07:10 AM.
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Nelson For This Useful Post: