And then you also have the following veteran free agents:

Cam Talbot: .913
Jonathan Quick: .916
Anthony Stolarz: .925
Laurent Brossoit: .922
Alex Nedeljkovic: .915
Kaapo Kahkonen: .901
MA Fleury: .899

Suddenly teams looking for a goalie in a trade have other top end options available potentially if Ullmark and Saros hit the market. And while none of those free agents are long term solutions, the Devils might think it's better to keep the assets, and just sign a veteran that can play 40 games and share the net with Daws.

I've made way too many posts about this in the past week, but I really can't shake the feeling that the Flames really missed an opportunity to sell Markstrom at peak value to the Devils a week or two ago, and potentially were too focused on a single player as the return.
Quoting myself from an other thread here...but I don't know how any team could look at the potential goalie market in the offseason and go "Yeah there will be a bigger market for him in the offseason"

The goalie market is generally soft in the offseason because there are lots of options for teams to go the cheap route available for short term looks.

It's not like Markstrom is 28 like Saros either...he's 34.

Sell now while you have a motivated buyer that if rumors are true made a very aggressive offer.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post: