View Single Post
Old 02-26-2024, 10:49 PM   #9
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by curves2000 View Post
Although I fully agree with you, don't under estimate the stupidity of people and their money when it comes to food. I never use these apps or really eat at fast food joints.

There is a boat load of places that charge more for items listed on Skip, Doordash, Ubereats etc. People who get their food delivered through these apps can save hundreds, if not thousands of dollars a year simply by calling their favorite place or ordering through the online website and platform, normally rooted through one of the above platforms.

The same thing happens with Uber and surge pricing. I can't tell you how often friends of mine have loved nothing more than paying extra for someone's Honda Civic during surge pricing when a normal taxi is just as close and costs lower.

People love paying more for this garbage. It hurts, is painful but they kinda like it!
One thing that I learned recently is that McDonalds has varying prices within cities. I knew that in captive markets they had higher prices like airports or sports arena but I was surprised to learn that one restaurant could have higher prices than another that is a few blocks away.

For example, checking on the McDonalds app in my hood, a Big Mac/meal at University District is $6.99/$13.49 while at Northland Mall it is $5.99/$10.79 and McMahon Stadium is $5.99/$10.89.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post: