View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 02:09 PM   #43
Jiggy_12
Franchise Player

Exp:

For anyone stuck feeling like its a tough mountain to climb and don't know where to start - this is what I did about 10 years ago when I wanted to drop about 60 lbs. Started with some really tiny changes that didn't actually impact my lifestyle. Once I saw the immediate improvements, that gave me the motivation to make the bigger changes.

Some really small things you can do (just talking diet):

Instead of a double double coffee once or twice a day, start to ween off that. switch to 1 cream 1 sugar, then switch to just 1 cream, then 1 milk, then black. Stop at whichever level you still enjoy but give yourself time to get used to it if you don't immediatley like it.

Kick the soda habit. switch to carbonated water, kombucha, tea etc.

Sometimes we have no choice but to get fast food. But skip the side of fries. Instead, just double the protein. You'll feel more satiated too.

Say no to things. People are always offering food at the office. Its someone's birthday so there's cake. Pizza lunch. Someone brings in Halloween candy. When it's xmas time there's always baked goods and sweets. Its always something. just make a rule to say no, pack your own snacks and lunch.

late night snacking - unavoidable. Switch to lightly salted popcorn (with a little bit of butter) or crunch on some pickles (watch the sodium).

Just in general try to eat more protein whenever you have the opportunity.

Stuff like this is really quite easy and doesn't take too much effort, and within 2 weeks you'll begin to notice a difference.
Jiggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiggy_12 For This Useful Post: