Thread: Telus Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 01:31 PM   #88
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still have a lot of friends that work at the company; management and union friends who still work there. The company is offering more packages and want to reduce the workforce by another 10% in canada.

As it stands now if you call in your 80% likely to get somebody overseas. It sounds like that's going to go to 100%. Everyday customer interactions will be completely offshore. I have a lot of thoughts about this I think it's incredibly sad. I knew it was coming, which is why I took the package so that I could go out on my own terms and start working on a new career. But there's something deeply Insidious about what's happening in the industry. This is a company that only exists as we know it now because of the largesse of the Alberta and British Columbia taxpayer. This was a crown Corporation that built up enormous cash reserves and client base based on being a crown Corporation with a built-in monopoly. The amount of money that this company made from its copper Services which you and I paid for is unimaginable.

And now pretty soon there will be a matter of a few hundred Canadian onshore workers for this telecommunications company. All those good-paying jobs overseas for a fraction of the price and taxes being paid to other governments. It's pretty wild stuff and fairly indicative of a lot of work going overseas and offshore. But again, because this was a crown Corporation and it's a utility there's something especially ####ty about this. And to anyone who thinks that your bill is going to go down because Telus will pay somebody and the Philippines or Guatemala or India a fraction of the rate you should know that Telus has been busily offshoring for the past 15 years and those savings has been given to the executives and the biggest shareholders. The crtc is a completely Toothless and worthless organization that is standing by and watching, and doing nothing.

Darren Entwistle and the entire board are a bunch of soulless vampires who are blight on our country.

Last edited by White Out 403; 02-22-2024 at 04:12 PM.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote