View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 02:26 PM   #29
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
I think some are being a little tough on Honzek. Unless you’re reading Last Word on Sports, it’s not his “projection” that’s middle 6/3rd line, that’s more his floor. Most think he’ll be top-6 winger, but if he can play C at the next level, he may just be a steal. And just because he isn’t flashy, doesn’t mean he’s not skilled, or able to get the job done. Iginla wasn’t a flashy player, but we liked him just fine.

There’s a few players I would rather have than Honzek too, but I wouldn’t be sad if we took him. 6’4” players don’t typically skate like him, and he has a good shot, and high offensive awareness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
Jesus, Honzek would be the worst case scenario in my mind.
The guy is big and can skate pretty well for his size, but he’s by no means a projected top 6 forward and likely not a flashy impact player at the NHL level just a big body who uses it to shield pucks but not a bruising forward.

Of all the lists and players available around our pick id be genuinely disappointed to use it on Honzek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
re: Perrault at 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
Here’s mine:

Axel Sandin Pellikka - long shot
Matthew Wood - long shot
Colby Barlow - long shot
Ryan Leonard - long shot
Gabe Perreault
Brayden Yager
Nate Danielson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
My list for the Flames.

1. Oliver Moore (not likely to be there)
2. Sandin Pellikka (not likely to be there)
3. Nate Danielson
4. Samuel Honzek
5. Tom Willander
6. Oscar Stenberg
7. Quentin Musty

Drop down and pick up another pick scenario: Kasper Halttunen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Your mock draft tool is the best available, thanks!

Just scored Danielson and Honzek in rounds 1 and 2 in my first go. Interesting that the ducks took Carlsson, the Bjs took Michkov, and Fantili fell to 4th.

Just some highlights from the '23 draft thread. Honzek was not on many people's radar: Sandman and Jiri were notable boosters, but they had other preferences listed above him for our pick. That said, a lot of the other guys people were focusing in on are having poor D+1 seasons as well; I myself boosted Sale like 8 separate times and he has like ~ 0.5 ppg in the ohl this season lol.

Reading through some of that, it becomes pretty apparent that Sandman is bang on the money with his assessments. Someone should offer them a job.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post: