View Single Post
Old 02-20-2024, 12:57 PM   #8
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mentioned this on the prospect forum, but IMO most concerning element is that he was supposed to be playing and developing at Centre this year, but has not played at Centre in quite some time now.

I don't think it's a write off scenario- he's only d+1 and had a major injury. But I think his lack of increased production is concerning and the fact that he's back to the wing is worrisome for his potential ramp to becoming a centre.

Looking at some of the comparable guys in that range, Wood and Moore are having similar seasons, albeit in perhaps a tougher league for scoring. Both are right around PPG. Sandin-Pelikka is looking like an awesome pick, though many on here weren't interested in a dman I think that Sandman was focused on this player if memory serves. Good eye, apparently!
I liked Perrault. He's having an excellent freshman college season. However, he went to another stacked college team, so hard to read how much production he deserves credit for. And it's possible he scared some teams away by talking about where he wanted to play.

In short, though Honzek isn't producing eye popping numbers, few of his contemporaries around the pick (or ostensibly on our radar) are. Most concerning IMO is the shift back away from centre ice and what that means for his future prospects in the NHL.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post: