View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 06:49 PM   #41
Kaine
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calumniate View Post
Had to google a couple of these.. omg the KEF blades..
Yeah, to be honest, given the difference between the Blade One's, Blade Two's or even the Reference 5 Meta's (Yes I love Kef speakers and have a hard time picking anything over them) would have been a far more sensible purchase however all of these would be a once in a lifetime purchase for me and I was able to negotiate a decent deal on the Blade One's so I figured now or never.

That said audio has come such a long way in the past few years, what used to cost 20K or more now can be had for several thousand or less if one does some research and purchases by measurements and not just by reputation or completely objective reviews. For example a McIntosh MI502 using the same Hypex modules as a small company like Buckeye's or Apollon cost $4500US vs around $1000 and much less if you are willing to build one yourself. Nothing wrong with McIntosh, great brand with incredible reputation and product longevity but it shows how much value can be had if one looks around.

Either way I am excited for for the room to be finished and the speakers to arrive.

Before I had to move into the smaller room and downsize to bookshelf speakers I ran the Kef R11's (non Meta) which were fantastic and now fill in for front L&R channel duty on the HT.

As an aside if anyone is looking for incredible IEM's for a great value, these can be had from Amazon for about $30-35 at any given time and really are as good as the reviews indicate. (Not affiliated in any way, just feel with the amazing value I need to tell people)
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...-review.50534/

Last edited by Kaine; 02-16-2024 at 06:54 PM.
Kaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaine For This Useful Post: