View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 12:26 PM   #138
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
silly question, am I right in assuming this Genie+ is for both Disney land and Disney world? We are heading to Orlando later this year and thought while we are there we might jump into the park for a day to see some of the Star Wars stuff.
Genie+ is available at both DW and DL. There is also something called $ILL (Individual Lightning Lane) available. The $ILL is a one time extra purchase for Lightning Lane access to 1-2 rides in each park. These rides are not part of Genie+ so they are extra. The $ILL also vary in price based on ride/demand/time of year/etc. and can get as high as $25USD/PP per ILL. If you were going to just hit up Galaxy's Edge then I would suggest getting the ILL for Rise of the Resistance. The Genie+ is good for Hollywood Studios however you have to be booking right at the 7am window and plan around that. I would suggest an $ILL for Rise, First Genie+ ride Slinky Dog Dash and then be there for rope drop to head for Tower of Terror. Then use your Genie+ to try and snag Rock'n Roller Coaster and Midway Mania/Smuggler's Run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
We are just figuring out the Genie+ as well. It is for disney world. Also trying to figure out if it is worth the park hopper option. My initial take is that it would be better to just stay in one park for the full day, and choose another for another day. So much depends on how many days you plan/can stomach on the trip.
The park hopper is is definitely up to a number of factors. I would say you are right in how long your trip is and how much you are staying in the Disney bubble. I would also add the park hopper depends on how you want to explore the parks. We like to be at a park for most of the day, head back to the hotel for a refresh/dining reservation, then after all that maybe take in another park for evening entertainment (fireworks, parades, maybe a ride experience is different at night like say Tron). Sometimes if we have others along with us, we might take an evening in Epcot for a "Drink around the world" attempt. One other thing I would consider is what of the 4 parks your are headed to. Animal Kingdom is a good one, however it is very small and won't take all day to do, so you might want to head to another park again to get something you may have missed on a previous day. The final I've also found that the age of my kids have made a difference. The older they get the more they want to do park things, so park hoppers are a good choice. When they were younger come supper time there was no way we make it back to any park.

As for Genie+ what are you wondering? I've gotten a good handle on it now (they are probably changing it again in the future though). Not all DW parks are needed for Genie+. The only one I would 100% get every time is Magic Kingdom. There are more rides that use Genie+ here so you can make it work a lot more throughout the day than any other park. The next one to get it at is Hollywood Studios. While there aren't as many rides to use it on, the quality and potential wait times make it good to purchase. If you do get Genie+ for HS, make sure get your first choice right at the first window (usually 7am). You then can make a second genie+ selection at one of a few times. You can make another one 2 hours after the park opens or (So if HS opens at 9am you can make your next selection @ 11am) or you can make your next selection right after you tap into your 1st selection (eg. you have Genei+ for Slinky @ 8:10am. HS opens @ 8am, you go to your 8:10 Slinky, tap in the LL lineup and can now make a 2nd genie+ selection). You can use this two hour window to "stack" genie+ rides as you can multiple selections as long as you've obey'd the 2 hour rules.

Eg. You made your 1st Slinky Genie+ selection @ 7am. It is for 2:30pm. Hollywood Studios opens at 9am. You go to the park and start your day. You do your thing and @ 11am you can now make a 2nd selection. You choose Hollywood Tower for 7:15pm. You keep going about your day in HS and at 1pm you make another selection (if there is a ride still available, sometimes people cancel their LL so you never know) it is for Alien Flying saucers at 1:45pm. You now have 3 LL's for 3 different rides plus the $ILL you bought for 3pm in the morning for Rise.

Hope this helps a little but and doesn't confuse things too much. Feel free to ask me anything on DW as we go there quite often.
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spetch For This Useful Post: