View Single Post
Old 01-04-2024, 08:10 AM   #68
Groot
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
You cannot possibly know at his age if Dupont is legit. Kids get hyped like this and quite often crash and burn. Shane Wright at the same age was considered the next generational player. How is he significantly further ahead than Day who was considered the total package at the same age? I think you are being extremely bias because you really like the player. He might become a great NHL player, he just as easily might become nothing, it is too early to tell.
Day was never considered a total package. You should really go back and read up on Day as there is really comparison between the two other than they're both defenseman. You can call me "extremely biased" lol but I don't think you have any basis to claim any bias from me, I don't know the kid. He will be drafted in 3 years, it's not like it's some crazy decades away prediction and there are plenty of people hyping the kid because of his on-ice performance, off-ice demeanor, statistics, accolades, testimonials etc. If people said Bedard was legit at 14 would you have the same stance? Plenty of people, myself included, were touting Bedard as the next major player after McD when he was 13/14 and low and behold here we are. Some players are that good. Dupont is.
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Groot For This Useful Post: