View Single Post
Old 11-17-2023, 03:32 PM   #119
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Ugh...preach.

It astonishes me to no end how disconnected Lawyers and Judges and the entire system is from the central realities of these things.

Lawyers and the Court systems put these things together often without any rational concept of the real-world implications.

Shouldnt they have experience doing this? These are the fundamental basis of our society and its like they operate as though they've never done this before and don't know the goddamned rules.

I had a partner at a Law Firm SCREAM at me over the phone a few months back because when I was going over a document for a client the templates they provided were at minimum 15 years old.

So I just corrected them.

"Well you're going to cost us thousands of dollars to update all of this and Blah, Blah, Blah!!!"

Dude. Cost of doing Business.

What concerns me more is that you've been using these outrageously outdated templates that make no sense and in some cases are straight-up wrong and you've been submitting this to Courts and nobody said anything until I stepped in?? What. The. Fata??

Between Courts and Banks...the crap that I've seen? I have seriously grave concerns about the Fundamentals of our social system.

I am not a Lawyer. I am not a Banker. I am not a Financier. But some of the crap I've seen recently? I have grave concerns about the fundamentals of our society.

Why should someone who is, by no means, an expert in these realms be the one finding dead-obvious faults in them?

That dives the ol' mental health score I tell you.
It's all English until colloquial English, tort law English, Business corporations act law English, CPA handbook law English and ITA law English don't agree.

No point in getting annoyed with those lawyers. "I was just trying to help. But if it's going to cost you too much to fix, I'll just file as is and make sure to remind the client that you're on the hook for the costs of fixing things if things go sideways purely because CRA and courts inevitably reject this document."

I used to argue when I was younger and I guess I'm getting smarter as I age. Arguing with an idiot just lets them bring me down to their level and beat me with experience. Send an email, document the stance and the fact it has been pointed out, file and move on. No need to take the hit personally emotionally or financially for someone that puts in effort to not give a ####. I really do not understand people that refuse to collaborate.

I have one that I believe will one day go completely sideways because the poor wording can be interpreted in multiple ways and the lawyer would rather spend an hour on the phone and email to explain why they refuse to make the changes vs adding half a dozen words to clarify the methodology in two seconds of the business agreement.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: