View Single Post
Old 11-15-2023, 10:54 PM   #19
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I'd like to get into a martial art, perhaps dip my toes into the bodybuilding world, start playing the guitar/drums/cello, try getting into biking, and start learning some handy skills like carpentry/electrical/etc. And then there's easier stuff like reading more and meditating. Just struggling to find the motivation/dedication, I'm more and more tired after work. I did start beach volleyball for the first time last year, so at least there's that!

Lucky you, enjoy it! I work in an industry that doesn't pay a ton, but it's a ton of fun. I'll be working until I'm 70 at least probably, maybe older than that. Sigh.
I can't speak for martial arts, bodybuilding, or anything that requires leaving your house to go to a gym because I'm allergic to indoor gyms and team sports. The only sport I enjoy is biking because you can just go at any time and get a tremendous feeling of freedom. It has to be road or gravel biking for me though. Something about the speed and distance making everything feel in reach.

But guitar is tremendously easy to have sitting in the corner of your room and you can pick it up and noodle around with and it's super convenient. I never had any trouble picking up guitar. You just have to find a song you really like and learn to play it or learn where the notes are and just make up stuff.

I'm probably a work until 70 person too but its becoming increasingly obvious that I can't survive winters here. I get into a really dark place.

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 11-15-2023 at 11:35 PM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post: