View Single Post
Old 11-11-2023, 05:30 PM   #3056
accord1999
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcin View Post
It's been a long time since I've looked at PC hardware or built a system myself but looking to upgrade my laptop to a standalone device.

I want something that can handle three displays + ability to plug in a Switch or something else. Mostly used for productivity (trading, virtual instruction) but also the odd game (not that concerned about peak graphics capability but want some longevity). Also want to start creating my own content so need to be able to stream/record/render but I'm completely new to that world and don't know what I need.
I think the cost of the system will be determined by exactly how important gaming is to you, since the GPU is usually the most expensive component. For your multi-display needs and stream encoding, even integrated graphics will often be enough as they now come with support for 3-4 displays and video encoding.

If you're a gamer, at the $2500 budget the best deals I've seen recently have come from Lenovo where you would get a 4080 class GPU (around 50-60% faster than the 4070).

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/p/deskt...el)/90v7003nus

There's not a Redflagdeals level deal at the moment but I would keep an eye there for Black Friday deals.
accord1999 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to accord1999 For This Useful Post: