Thread: Fan Unions
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2023, 08:55 AM   #16
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
I don't view these teams as property of the owners. The owners are simply stewards of the teams and that the team rightfully belongs to the community. The fans and the players on the ice make the NHL what it is, not rich #######s like Katz. Although I guess if you frame it in that way and it's just another business like a Shopper's Drug mart, then why have loyalty to anyone particular store or team.

The Flames have just bilked the city out of hundreds of millions of dollars for a new arena, it's this kind of mindset that allows fans to pay through the nose so already fabulously wealthy people can be even a little bit more fabulously wealthy.
Why shouldn't owners of teams, who have invested gazzillions in the team make a reasonable return?

Supply and demand suggests the consumers are not being bilked.

I get that the average Joe cannot easily attend hockey games, but should ticket prices be legislated lower so they can attend?

Should the price of mansions be artificially lowered to allow poor people the opportunity of living there? How about luxury cars?

Rich people will always have advantages over the middle class.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote