View Single Post
Old 10-30-2023, 02:48 PM   #204
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I do a little bit of weights as well, and I've worked in some ab workouts. I also alternate onto my spin bike (or real bike in the summer) for cardio variety.

Cardio gets a bad rep because it's hard and boring and you're not building up huge muscles to impress people with. There's no breaks, there's no glamour, it's just you against yourself sweating your ass off. But that's why it's the best to actually shed weight too.
Your probably losing weight due to dietary adjustments or changes though? The harsh reality is that you can't out run a bad diet. To drop weight with just cardio, you have to be doing an insane amount of cardio (like hours and hours a week). Like my workout this morning was ~500 calories. To lose a pound, I'd need to do that 7 days a week. So to drop a couple pounds a week you're doing cardio for like 14 hours per week.

Sure, you could have a little caloric burn after, but nothing like a resistance workout where the muscles are burning more calories after and then using more calories in maintenance as well.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote