View Single Post
Old 10-17-2023, 12:50 PM   #53
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I almost always sit through any movie because you just never know if it will take an interesting turn. I've been pleasantly surprised by movies that started horribly. I've also been unpleasantly surprised by movies that started well and ended in a mess (Wes Anderson's Asteroid City is a perfect example).

But Speed 2 sticks out in my mind. I walked out after 20 minutes. It happened after a scene where the baddie pops up on some tv screens on the bridge? It really doesn't matter. Jason Patrick's character spins with his gun in surprise and almost shoots the screens, until he realizes that it's just a tv picture of the baddie, and he manages to restrain himself. That is until the baddie finishes monologuing and in a fit of misdirected rage, Patrick's character screams and shoots every tv. I laughed out loud in a part I wasn't supposed to at all. I left immediately after. What a truly embarrassing film that was.

Edit: I forgot to add... the movie was free. I walked out of a free movie because it was so bad.

Last edited by Cali Panthers Fan; 10-17-2023 at 12:57 PM.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote