View Single Post
Old 10-12-2023, 09:29 AM   #1032
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny_McDonald View Post
Youi said this nonsense.

Which is demonstrably false. You can try and play semantic games (I admit to being anti-semantic - see what I did there?) about trying to declassify Canaanites as non-people and then dismiss the Babylonian empire as foreign invader even though they occupied the lands long before the Jews existed, which was your point. The Jews were first which was total bull####.

The other bull#### is this claim that Jews are not a religion, but instead a nation. To be a Jew you just have to embrace Judaism, which is what? Wait for it? A religion! You don't have to be born into a land, or have any particular blood, you just have to adopt the religion. Period. Full stop. No different than the Mormons, other than the Mormons get a whole planet when your name goes in their book in Salt Lake instead of pining for a crappy piece of real estate in the Middle East. So yes, being a Jew is associated with the religion and not a nation.

Need you be reminded that Judaism grew out of the polytheistic religions of the Canaanites and the Babylonians? Judaism was very minor religion and heretical in context of the times. Even to this day Judaism remains a very minor religion in the world but I digress.

It’s an ethno-religion. There is no point in trying to explain this to a legitimate idiot like yourself. You do not need to be religious to be a Jew. You also cannot just convert to the religion. It takes years for someone to convert but there is no point in trying to explain this to you.

Last edited by Beninho; 10-12-2023 at 09:36 AM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote