View Single Post
Old 10-07-2023, 05:14 PM   #84
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorium View Post
I actually can't believe there are people doing the both sides many sides thing on this forum for this situation.

Literally everything that happened in the past no longer matters as of today.

The videos are vile. They show no remorse. Worse, they show malicious intent and celebration. I just watched a kidnapped 6 year old Israeli boy crying for his mother while getting hit and beaten by Palestinians. He's probably dead by now.

If that was my country, I would expect a disproportionate response from the government to avenge my countrymen.
Because they're not.

Its far, far more nuanced than that. And no...'the past no longer matters as of today?'

Are you serious? These are literally 'Age Old Enemies.' They are each others' Nemesis. They have been at each other's throats for millennia!

Its not 'both sides many sides' you can distinguish an antagonist in any particular situation but that doesnt make the other party your defacto protagonist.

Frankly, this situation between them is so old and complex I dont even know what to think other than: "Stop killing each other."

Israelis and Palestinians hating each other is a tale as old as time...of course 'the past' matters.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: