View Single Post
Old 09-27-2023, 11:23 AM   #10029
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I'm pretty sure I've seen guys dig out rocks with a hooked pick similar to the 45 degree one in this 4 piece set. I recall they used an air compressor to blow out the looser ones first and use the pick on the truly stuck ones.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/m...w.ds#store=419

IIRC it wasn't as tedious as what others are expecting. It takes like 2-3 minutes a tire, 8-10 minutes a full set. I believe the place that did this for me was a tire repair shop that wanted the rocks out before looking for the leak. This was a while ago though.
I don't understand how it could be done in 8-10 minutes on a tire let alone a set of tires. Are we talking about complete removal or just larger stones? There can be hundreds of little chips embedded in the tight tread lines of a single winter tire and you can't simply spin the tire and use a pick to remove them. Maybe a steel brush can get a lot out while the tire is spinning or there's some fancy process I've never heard of as this is all new to me that you can remove all the stones in a winter tire this quickly and easily.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote