View Single Post
Old 09-27-2023, 09:44 AM   #10023
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
I didn't give it any thought until now, but I do recall a time when the desk person said something to the effect of "just clearing out your tires" and explained that was de-rocking them, as I asked what she meant.

I thought it was a frivolous "we go above and beyond our competition", silly sort of gesture, but I guess it is a thing...

As for the level of effort involved, I'd imagine it's simply rotating the tire while on the lift with a screwdriver (or something) in the treads that would take out ~90% of them
That was my thought, too. I've only ever really used that one shop, so to me it was just standard. I never thought that it was 'required'. I assumed that it was a tedious process, and a job that they gave to someone who was on the bosses sh*t-list that day. I was part of their 'premium service' package, too. Might have had something to do with it.

I never asked them to do it, it was just done. Now I know not to expect it of my new shop. It's not that big of a deal, but it was enough of a change from previous that I noticed it.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post: