View Single Post
Old 09-27-2023, 09:25 AM   #10022
you&me
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
There's absolutely no way in hell they've done this. It could take a couple hours at a shop rate of probably, like, $120ish an hour. It's just not a thing - and certainly not one anybody will do for free for you. And it's totally unnecessary unless there is some actual noise/issue with a large and deeply imbedded rock. They'll just come out of the tires as you drive. It's not like tires go around picking up so many rocks we're all just driving on rock treads. I've had to yank a rock out of a dually before, but in all my years I've never heard of a shop picking out rocks from tire treads. That's preposterous.
I didn't give it any thought until now, but I do recall a time when the desk person said something to the effect of "just clearing out your tires" and explained that was de-rocking them, as I asked what she meant.

I thought it was a frivolous "we go above and beyond our competition", silly sort of gesture, but I guess it is a thing...

As for the level of effort involved, I'd imagine it's simply rotating the tire while on the lift with a screwdriver (or something) in the treads that would take out ~90% of them
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to you&me For This Useful Post: