View Single Post
Old 09-13-2023, 02:17 PM   #1921
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
To the first bold, you are making (repeating) a claim that no one has presented any evidence to support - again, people are being accused of prejudice here, simply because some of you don't see, or won't recognize, the claims they are making about costs. Go ahead and back up the claim that they 'don't like Quebec', if you think you can.

To the second bold, you are claiming that (Locke and) I haven't explained why it doesn't make sense to deal in Quebec. But I literally did. I said the regulators have made it onerous. Would you like me to paste all of the regulatory requirements that my business would face to deal with Quebec? (because I am not going to).

I didn't simply decide not to operate in Quebec, I WAS operating in Quebec, and walked away from it, because it simply wasn't worth it, as it has gotten increasingly onerous in the last few years. You can choose to accept that or not, I really don't care. But my point is not lessened, simply because I didn't post a massive wall of text explaining what exactly all those regulations are.

As to the condescension, it wasn't started by me, I was simply responding in kind. It really pisses me off when people casually call other people racist, as a matter of course, simply because they don't understand, or don't care to understand where those people are coming from - iggy called people racist, and then became condescending when challenged on it.

Anyway, this is the last I'll post on this conversation.
For me its real simple. Quebec is the only Province in Canada that has their own Revenue Agency, which means they require an additional Tax Return.

1. Despite being fluent in French, dealing with Revenu Quebec...I've done it a couple of times and in those instances I learned how to tie a noose with own shoelaces.

2. To file electronically I have to get a separate registration with QRA, you can imagine how much fun that is.

3. I'd have to lay out a significant amount of money on additional software for electronic filing that I just do not have the volume of Quebec clients to support the cost.

I'd sooner start doing US taxes, at least the client volume would support that cost, but registering with the IRS is not something I look at with any sort of glee.

And we think our Tax System is brutal? Its a cuddly little kitty-cat compared to QRA and the IRS.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote