View Single Post
Old 09-08-2023, 12:16 PM   #7
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I think a good way to get a lot out of the younger guys is to go with something closer to two tops lines and two bottom lines, rather than 1234. Something like:

Huberdeau - Lindholm - Sharangovich
Mangiapane - Kadri - Coronato

Dube - Ruzicka - Coleman
Pelletier - Backlund - Duehr

Obviously you can mix and match, but I think having two bottom lines where there is a solid vet, a good energy player, and some offensive ability will help. Roll them out as evenly as you can and mix them up if you need more offensive creativity (Dude-Ruzicka-Pelletier) or more defensive responsibility (Coleman-Backlund-Duehr) in a given situation.

Having those six guys establish chemistry with each other will make for an effective bottom six and help the development of Ruzicka/Pelletier/Duehr.

For Ruzicka specifically, I think it would help because I think he needs to feel like he can utilize his offence to engage in the game completely.

You could also stick him to Backlund's wing, since that has helped pretty much every prospect that has come through the organization.

Either way I have high expectations that he'll establish himself this year and have the opportunity to do it, because I think both he and the organization know it's make or break.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post: