View Single Post
Old 08-21-2023, 09:07 AM   #11
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Anyone following the warm up matches? The France Scotland games were exceptional. Also nice to see England get destroyed by Ireland the other day.

Those groups are ridiculously stupid. Here are my thoughts.

Group A: NZ and France are the two cup favorites and should both move on.

Group B: The group of death with 3 of the top 5 ranked teams. Pretty stupid one of Ireland, SA, and Scotland won't make the quarters. No clue who to pick here but history tells me the Irish will find a way to blow this.

Group C: Australia, Wales, and Fiji are all closely matched. Wouldn't be surprised to see these teams split their games with the quarters spots decided on point differential.

Group D: Should be England and Argentina getting through but some chances of upsets from Japan or Samoa.
Don't sleep on Georgia, they have been beating the hell out of the 2nd tier on Europe for a while and in the Autumn Series in Nov '22 they beat Wales and lost to Samoa by 1 point.

I'd really like to see a strong showing from them.

Pick - Gotta be the Frenchies. They, above any country, deserve a World Cup win. They have brought so much goodness to the sport and have come so close.

Underdog - Is Argentina still considered an outsider? If not then Samoa, you can't not like the physicality they bring to the game. Size and speed.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote