View Single Post
Old 08-10-2023, 05:35 AM   #50
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I think for the most part contestants spend way too much time in the first 2 weeks on shelter. "I'll eat later" is a mantra for going home sooner.

Alan totally nailed it with the teepee he put up in a day. Melanie spent so much time trimming logs with her saw that was just unnecessarily.

I have a fire strategy I'd use from my grad camping trip. We were far too lazy to cut wood, but were in a cut block. We just dragged trees to the fire pit, and kept feeding them in. No cutting required.

So I'd build Alan's teepee, but have it designed so I could feed trees in from 3 directions and never have to cut firewood. I like to pretend all the ways I'd be better than these amateurs who have no clue, while I eat pie and ice cream.
Well, to your last point, that's the joy of this show! I'm allergic to fish, but sitting at home, I'm pretty confident that I'd catch fish and hold them up for the camera only to release them. I have no clue what I'd be eating though. And the people "hunting" which means subsisting on mice/squirrels/whatever that gross slime stuff was on the BC coast a few years ago? I'm not eating that. I'd last 2/3 days tops.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post: