View Single Post
Old 08-09-2023, 03:13 PM   #47
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Sure, but you can't increase your food intake if you don't have food. It seems a poor strategy on day 30-50. I'm not sure anyone actually makes it to the end when they give up on food procurement. Like, what has Mikey actually eaten? A few grouse, squirrels and some mice(rats)?
I know in previous seasons, quite a few of them were often worried about slipping, tripping etc. while light headed and dizzy and getting injured. I think starting in season one, a few guys were already commenting that they were waiting on a day that they felt at their best before doing those activities.

I agree with you that increasing food intake by trying to hunt is the most logical direction to take. But I wondered if there is additional logic to avoid that move.

Slava has also detailed the other side of the illogical facet that has occurred on previous seasons. I remember that fish one. The dude was literally in a sauna hut full of smoked fish and rationing it like he was worried he'd run out of food. Dude was sitting on multiple weeks of rations IIRC and he was just wasting away for an unknown reason. But I'm also intrigued if intentionally rationing is a strategy that is required. I know if you do the 30 hour famine (for instance) and then gorge, you'll feel pretty crappy. I wonder if in their situation, many instances of food feel like gorging to them and they feel crappy if they eat larger reserves of food?
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: