View Single Post
Old 06-26-2023, 10:55 AM   #147
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Not sure what you mean by a special ride

Once you lose the desire to pull for a character, it becomes an academic exercise

That’s the challenge to me. If you have characters who do immoral or bad things, and are asking the audience to invest in them, you need deft writing

This show lost it, imo. I watched to see the plot through but really didn’t care what happened, and was disappointed because it wasn’t a special ride
A lot of great media is written from the perspective of amoral characters. This show was pretty brilliant in that although you may not have done the same thing, you could definitely understand why the characters did the things they did. I'm not saying it's Shakespeare, but it's a similar concept of characters who all have deep flaws who that eventually leads to their downfall.

I think a lot of people are also reading into the show a bit much. It's a comedy, albeit a dark one, at it's roots. Most episodes were relatively short (by today's standards). At 32 episodes total, split over 4 seasons, it wasn't a huge investment. Plus, c'mon....NoHO Hank!

Also, not better than Better Call Saul, which, for me, is a top series of all time.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: