View Single Post
Old 06-15-2023, 05:36 PM   #2103
you&me
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
There are brokerages that operate like this and do have very high standards of who they take on; continued training requirements, competence standards, annual reviews with each agent, business plans required on application etc.
Then there are others that take on anyone who will apply like you've mentioned.

The odd part is why anyone hires agents from the latter knowing they are with a company with such low standards of conduct and are charging the same commission is the other companies with high standards anyway.
That agent also keeps more of that commission because the higher standard brokerage charge their agents higher splits.
So by hiring the agents from joe shmoe realty, consumers are actually paying that agent more than the professional agencies and getting the lowest standards to boot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzle View Post
Is there a good list of good brokerages that hold their realtors to high standards? All the for sale signs I see are for remax or royal lepage
Winsor - totally agree, but Izzle's post makes my point... Without better defined standards, it can still be a crap shoot for the consumer.

Real estate brokerage is still essentially the wild west. Even under the same brand, one Remax office might be top-tier, while another might be a boiler room and all the consumer sees is the familiar blue and red sign.

It must be incredibly frustrating to be a "good guy" or run a good shop and constantly have these joe schmoe agents tarnishing your reputation by association. By allowing these lax standards to persist, the industry is its own worst enemy...
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to you&me For This Useful Post: