View Single Post
Old 04-27-2023, 11:27 AM   #1318
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Banana Slug View Post
It seems like the old deal was probably better for taxpayers, but that deal is dead, due mostly to the cost increases (on materials, not the curbs/solar stuff). I do want this thing built and think there is a legit public component to the development. I have no idea how much is too much, but it seems to me if the ire is raised by taxpayers, it should be moreso toward the city and not the province. Smith is a moron, but I feel Notley took the bait and is handling this rather poorly. The conspiracy bit comes off as a little unhinged. Would have been much better to say they would approve the deal as presented to them. If this version is not accurate, they can always scuttle it.

If the city was paying 530 mil, and CSEC was paying 700 mil there wouldn't be much ire about the deal. A lot of anger about the deal is that the province basically came in and subsidized a billionaire for his toy at the expense of taxpayers. They did this all while they nickle and dime public services, and claim the NDP are bad with money.
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote