View Single Post
Old 03-26-2023, 11:54 AM   #61
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
It feels that there was way more hype last off season on this team. This off season haven't really heard much, but I feel this team will be even better this year.
Losing the way they did to Seattle last year can do one of two things. It can either destroy a franchise or it can smack them in the face as to what they were doing wrong. I hope it's the latter this season.

I liked Teoscar and Gurriel a whole lot, but I did get an 'inmates run the asylum' vibe with the team the last couple of years where having fun seemed to be as or more important than winning. Replacing those players who seemed to most embody that behavior could help the rest of the locker room get more serious about fundamentals and result in more consistent baseball day in day out. That said I do worry about what happens to players like Vladdy when baseball becomes too much of a job. He seems like a personality that performs best when the locker room is loose ala the last few years compared to when he first came up with all of the expectations put on him.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cowboy89 For This Useful Post: