View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 11:33 AM   #104
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipperiggy View Post
Any tips for discipline? I seem to be okay for a couple days then back into my old habits.
I find the trick is to make manageable changes.

Pick a gym routine/location that involves the least effort to actually get to. For example, find a gym you can easily stop by on the way to and from work or that is only a few minutes from home. It's all about eliminating the excuses not to go.

If you're hitting the gym hard, 3 times a week is plenty. Stop telling yourself that you need to go everyday and if you miss a day the routine is shattered.

Also, get a kettlebell. Nothing's better for all around fitness. You can come up with a workout that will only be 5-10 minutes. It'll leave you totally gassed and increase your endurance, strength, mobility, etc.. all with a half/hour per week commitment.

I also find the same tricks work for diet. Focus on eating smaller portions, healthier options, fewer snacks, etc...Make smaller but more long term progress. Everyone I know that's tried a crash diet, or a total diet overhaul, sees great results for a few months but then falls off the diet. These massive calorie deficit diets are not that sustainable IMO.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: