View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 02:45 PM   #2815
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

My boy is just about 6, but we got the switch when he was 4. At first a lot of the games were a bit to hard for him, but the newest Mario has a safe character that doesn't die, I forget it's name, but basically if you play two player you can just carry the other player through the levels.

He loved Mario Kart, it also has some sort of Bumper mode now where it will basically soft race for you, once he figured out it does it for him he got mad.. lol. But it was great when he was younger and didn't know what to do.

That Ninja Turtles re make was really popular as well, we played through that a few times. It has a very easy mode which is great for kids.

Now he plays a lot of Minecraft as mentioned above, kids just love that game.

I also notice a huge difference between Switch and iPad. I also don't really care for a lot of those kids YouTube shows. Not that every show isn't pushing a product, but I find those shows are hyper aggressive.

Minecraft has also helped his reading, and comprehending letters and words for the items he wants to buy or build. He works through them and asks me questions. With the iPad there is none of that, he just stares at the screen watches a video for 30 seconds then clicks on the next one.