View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 12:28 PM   #72
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Going to Mexico in mid February for a few weeks. Using the trip as fitness inspiration.

I've been regularly active my whole life (bike to work most days outside of winter and go to the gym 3 days a week) but as I'm about to turn 40, being active isn't enough for me to completely lose my gut anymore like when I was younger.

As a result, for the last month, I've been working out 5-6 days a week and eating super clean for a while now. No more coke-zero, no more eating crap all the time (1 cheat day a week). It's been a challenge, but I've been sticking with it.

I fell into the trap for a long time of - coke zero isn't bad for you, baked chips are fine, sandwiches with whole-wheat bread only etc etc, these kind of half measures which will never cut it with my below-average metabolism, if I want to completely lose my gut. It's stubborn. So now it's healthy breakfast, healthy lunch, water with every meal at lunch and supper etc

I've also been rehabbing my knee which has been hurting for years. I haven't been able to run for 3 years as a result. I've been going to physio every week and working hard on the rehab plan. I'm back to running on the treadmill (not running at 100%,) but far ahead of where I thought I'd be when I started the rehab in November.

Last edited by Johnny199r; 01-21-2023 at 12:33 PM.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Johnny199r For This Useful Post: