View Single Post
Old 12-17-2022, 10:26 PM   #74
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

It was everything I expected from a James Cameron sequel. My only regret is that I didn't take more mushrooms. Holy #### this movie would have been an 11/10 if I'd doubled my dose.

The most technically impressive and visually stunning movie ever made. The 3D is phenomenal and the visual effects are mesmerizing. This movie will drive people to the theatre and even encourage multiple views, just like the original. The only other movie I've ever heard multiple people coming out the theatre and heard people saying "wow" was the original avatar and this one looked twice as good. I honestly think it's about equal in terms of a move forward compared to the original, as the original was compared to other movies when it re-introduced 3D to moviegoers.

Much of the story is recycled and we're gonna get even more the next movie. Cameron is going to need to do something fresh because yet another movie of the exact same thing will get a bit too derivative. The visuals can only improve so much and carry the movie so far.

Action was great, story a bit melodramatic but does a great job at pulling you and putting you on the side of the blue guys. It could double as a 3 hour long nature documentary for an alien planet and it would still be fun. It's just so visually stunning.

There were a few non-sensical bits and I rolled my eyes at least twice. Plus if it weren't in 3D and on the big screen, there are definitely a few scenes that would really drag.

Overall I think I might have liked it better than the first one. I'd kind of forgotten what it is like to go to a theatre and just be completely wowed. Doesn't happen often. I've seen other fun movies (top gun) or movies that had me practically cheering (IW) but rarely does a film leave me completely in awe of the visual spectacle.

The haters...OMG they're gonna hate this movie so much. Anyone who's into BDSM will no doubt have to see it multiple times and will be jerking off the entire time they'll be in so much pain/ecstasy. We may hear about multiple deaths from people having brain aneurysms from raging so hard. Everything that people hated about the first movie, cameron turned it up to eleven in this one.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 12-17-2022 at 10:34 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: