View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 09:44 AM   #10
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
2/3 is almost 2 bullion dollars. One thing to think about is that the big office from international films is now dramatically higher than it was a dozen years ago

3d movies are generally awful, but Avatar was a different experience. They built environments that worked with the 3d, as opposed to just having a regular movie that occasionally throws a 3d object at you.
I get that, and was the reason I saw the first. I liked the first one ok, but other than the visuals, it just wasn't that memorable. The thought of sitting through a 3+ hour movie in uncomfortable glasses is not very appealing. I don't know how many potential movie going couples have both people willing to see a 3 hour movie in 3d glasses now that everyone has experienced them and mostly grown to hat them over the years.

I am more curious of how HFR looks. I just don't know that my brain can accept that the smooth motion looks good, when I have to leave the room if someone has their TV with the true motion settings on. But maybe it looks good, if done right?
nfotiu is online now   Reply With Quote