Thread: The A.I. Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 12:04 PM   #117
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMoss View Post
I guess it depends on the definition - but isn't this just google with narrative responses instead of links?

I guess is google search considered AI?
What's messed up is this thing can't access the internet right now. So you're totally right, most people will see it as a cleaner Google, but what it's doing is so much more impressive.

KTrain's example is important not because it got the answer but in how it delivered it. If I have a coding issue, I might go to a site like stackoverflow and search to see if somebody else has had my issue. If they have, it won't be identical, but I can probably adjust mentally to see what's going on. The answers are often full of needlessly complex language and superfluous detail.

This chat method gives an answer immediately, but goes beyond that in explaining it in the clearest way I've ever seen, as well as what's going on and how to implement the fix.

I saw somebody say a few days ago that this could be the first time Google as a search platform has ever been challenged. Many make a huge deal about how AI can get stuff wrong (which is correct), while also neglecting that Google results can easily serve up incorrect information, or information manipulated by ad spending.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote