View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 12:51 PM   #4006
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Sorry who is in the fantasy world?

The person looking at the capacity of mountain towns, continual (large) population growth, large incoming immigration figures, desire for Albertans to diversify their economy (and being laughed at by people from BC for not doing enough of that, ironically) and then just straight up looking at a map and understanding that there are, literally, hundreds of thousands of bare pristine wilderness that, even if a new mountain town gets built, will still exist and thrive?

Or

The person that thinks the world of 8B people and counting will somehow suddenly agree somehow that growth is no longer a thing that should happen, people should no longer have kids, Canada should cease growth in BC / Alberta or accept that a hotel in Banff in 3 years will cost $4,000 a night, and never again allow any development in the hundreds of thousands of square kilometres of wilderness in the second largest land mass country on Earth and the least densely populated country?

To be honest, the anti-development rhetoric that comes from Vancouver / Vancouver Island constantly has me wondering what world they are living in.
Alberta is absolutely more diversified than BC now. I'm well aware of how ####ty my province is.

We need thinking about properly densifying our cities and making them more family friendly.

Or you can continuing building sprawling suburbs and strip malls.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote