View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 10:15 AM   #5
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd suggest a Brother or Canon MFC (multi function centre) black and white laser printer as well. It'll work well for photocopies, scans and printing. Most have wireless. I think Lexmark is pretty solid too, but unfortunately I don't have personal experience with them. My understanding is that they're basically a similar experience to the Canon MFC. Just go to Staples or something if you ever need color prints.

I personally lean towards the Brother MFC as they're designed to be office work horses and usually spool up within a few seconds of powering on for that reason. The scanning compression isn't always as good as other options, but it's rarely an issue. Canon isn't horrible, but sometimes you kinda see the higher end photography stuff embedded into their machines. It's great for slightly better resolution for printing, scans and digital file compression, but the spool up is a bit longer than Brother.

It'll cost you probably $300-$600 for one though because Covid prices. It's double what it used to be before Covid. If you find lower than that, definitely consider it. The one that Hemi linked above is solid. I have no qualms about putting in well rated aftermarket toners for printing. But the starter toner that a Brother MFC comes with is typically rated for 1000 pages or something like that anyways. Almost all Brother MFC I've ever used lasted a minimum of 5 years in a high print office setting (10-15K prints).
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post: