View Single Post
Old 11-05-2022, 07:18 AM   #31
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
That sounds pretty high to me? I feel like the seasons tickets sales are probably around 1500 tickets? That’s likely around $700-800k? So they get another million or so from walk up?

I do wonder if travel is subsidized through the Westjet deal and maybe that’s how it stays somewhat viable for the league. Although, if they’re actually pulling down $60/person at Spruce Meadows that’s about $200k per home game (some much more), and they probably and up close to breaking even.
Cavalry had 2200 season tickets last year. As far as I know air travel is not subsidized, even though Westjet is a league sponsor.

As cam_wmh mentioned, the owners get a nice chunk via that CSB deal and I think that makes the whole situation work in the longer term. Edmonton is done, York is in trouble, and I feel Valour is not really committed, but the other 5 are in pretty good shape given how hard it is to get a league like this up and running, especially through a pandemic. There's good reason why the Southern's are rumoured to be doubling down on their investment and starting a club in Kelowna...

Really curious to see what type of attendance growth this league sees next year.

Last edited by shermanator; 11-05-2022 at 07:23 AM.
shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post: