View Single Post
Old 09-22-2022, 03:52 PM   #25
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkyiv View Post
My experience lately is that the cable providers have made it so cheap to have it that it's not even worth cancelling. I pay 100 for Telus' internet/cable combo and the TV portion of it is $30. I doubt I'd be able to watch the Flames and other sports on offer for less than that.
Same for me, I'm currently paying about $45 for TV and that includes Sportsnet, TSN, and Crave. Was just about to looking into cord cutting and they surprisingly reduced from about $90 to $45 with a phone call.

Currently my internet and TV is $90 a month for 2 years. And that's all the Sportsnet and TSN channels, in addition to Crave which is the same $20 everyone pays.

Also, I've been to friends houses that have cut the cord and maybe they're dumb but there is very often some technical issue, whether its constant buffering, or the feed is dropped, bad picture quality, or they need to find a new site, etc. That kind of stuff irks me to no end.

The combination of way cheaper cable, and the relative reliability of the service has sort of turned me away from cord cutting, at least for now.
8sPOT is online now   Reply With Quote