View Single Post
Old 09-19-2022, 01:12 PM   #100
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
The trick is to have one massive project that takes all your time. "I'll do it when I'm done re-insulting the entire house, replacing the siding and fixing random holes!"
Or "breaking"/dragging your feet on things that are easily repaired in a few seconds.

"Yeah, sorry all these shelves are broken. I'll fix it when I get the chance to buy shelf tabs to hold up the shelf... Oh sorry, the ones I bought didn't fit. I'll have to go out again some time... Oh darn, lost another one/it broke again... maybe I should buy the metal ones instead of the plastic ones..."

Or quid pro quo?

"Why is it taking 15 days rather than 15 minutes to do this thing? We'll I could do it faster if I could buy these nifty tools so I don't have to redo things or do it slow..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
"Demand" might be a strong word, but encourage them to pursue it. If they tell you and idea go with something like "Sounds great! Let's chat again about the total cost and time commitment when you get that sorted out". Proceed to never hear about it again.
Well... some form of offloading to them rather than accept a "Can't you do it?" thing.

"OK, I'll do it if you swap the tires on the car for me. "
"Err... Nvm..."

But yes... in case it wasn't apparent, I'm half joking.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote