View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 01:20 PM   #1036
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Agreed. But when I think work to rule I think of unions (not meant to be a negative connotation) and working exactly to the letter of the contract. Now it seems as though salaried employees are also beginning to do the same if quiet quitting is a thing.
I wish they'd use a better term because it's not necessarily a bad thing to promote.. at least in a context.

I mean someone can go way beyond and use up their lives in service to their employer if they want, but they should be doing it with a specific goal. Maybe it's to advance to a specific position quicker.

But someone who does it out of some sense of loyalty.. the company will do what it needs to do and in the end won't keep an employee around out of loyalty.

So working to rule or quiet quitting to me just means working a reasonable amount and doing what I was hired to do. I'll work overtime once in a while in extenuating circumstances, or take on more work than is reasonable once in a blue moon, but overworking employees and expecting everyone to just be happy with it..

A trend of "quiet quitting" maybe at least raises awareness that a lack of planning on the company's part doesn't require everyone to pay the price by overworking.