View Single Post
Old 09-13-2022, 10:13 AM   #2015
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1crunch View Post
An issue I'm having with both Canadian and American politics, is the constant need for people to demonize their political opponents. This ties into the use of the word "woke" as that's how I think it's being used. PP calls the Liberals and NDP "radical" and "woke" as a way to rile up his base and instil fear.

This is also rampant in American politics, where people throw around the words "pedophile" or "devil" for their political opponents. It's ridiculous and terribly damaging to the political institutions in our society. #pedohitler was trending on twitter after Biden gave a speech a while back. But Twitter isn't the best place to go for open political discourse. lol

What happened to disagreeing with your political opponents, while still being able to see their humanity?
It’s been happening for awhile where everyone is looking to get a sound bite in. I want someone in place who can talk like a human and say, “fair point” to their opposition, and leave it at that rather than look to #### on every point while twisting the smallest thing around. It’s childish. All them do it now. It’s almost a reflection of how dumb we are as citizens to put these bozos in place and buy into these debates when none of them truly say what they represent. It’s just mindless attacks. I waiver in supporting each group each election but what I liked about O’Toole last election is he didn’t really resort to that. Where he f’ed up royally was the gun control stuff. He was a little more centre of the line and I appreciated that.
bluejays is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post: