View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 08:32 AM   #84
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

To preface this, I have to mention that I'm up quite early every morning because of kids (5:30-6 a.m.), and we often have dinner around 6-6:30 p.m. the night before. I don't snack after dinner, but I do usually fix myself at least one scotch.

I cannot fathom not eating breakfast. I don't eat a ton, but I get quite hungry by mid-morning if I haven't eaten breakfast, and then I eat a little too much at lunch because of that.

Typically, I get up and immediately down a big glass of water. The sensation of hunger can be minimized by having enough water in your digestive tract, and your hydration levels in general. Then I have at least 2 big cups of coffee before I get on with child care, dog walking, exercise etc.

After all that, I have either a bowl of oatmeal or a bowl of high fiber/low sugar cereal with milk if I'm really hungry. Sometimes I will supplement with a banana or apple. On the weekend I'll allow for some eggs with cheese and some toast or half a bagel one day.

That's it, but if I don't have it my whole day is thrown off.

I wonder how much of our eating boils down to habits rather than physical needs? I also recognize that everyone is a little different in their physical needs too, so the varied responses in this thread shouldn't surprise anyone, but the number of intermittent fasters surprises me a little.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: