View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 02:49 PM   #70
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
Damn bump got me all excited... has there really been no news at all on this since May?
The committee met a couple of weeks ago: https://livewirecalgary.com/2022/07/...amework-sharp/
Quote:
The Event Centre committee met Monday and delivered a short public presentation before going behind closed doors for nearly two hours.

When they returned to public, not much was shared.

During the public presentation, Planning and Development GM Stuart Dalgleish outlined the work that had been done so far.

As previously reported, a third-party team was put together and announced in May. That trio now has the name The Event Centre Visioning Group.

“Since that meeting, your city administration, along with its third party, have been continuing to undertake the steps and the work needed at this stage of our work toward a Calgary Event Center,” Dalgleish said.

Dalgleish said the third party has met with the Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation (CSEC) to get their perspective on an arena deal. There’s been no negotiation at this point.
Quote:
This committee has only met four times, and this is the final meeting until September. More information is expected with work continuing over the summer. In fact, Sharp said she’s optimistic they’ll have more to present in public at that time.

“We are, behind the scenes, moving faster than I’ve ever seen administration move and the pressure is on,” she said.

“To the public, it may seem that we’re not moving quick enough because obviously government never moves fast enough.”

When asked about a specific timeline for a framework, Sharp said it was important that city council knows what projects are on the table prior to November’s four-year budget talks.

“I think in the committee’s mind, we would like a framework in place before budget,” she said.

“I would say we want something obviously concrete for deliberations.”