View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 03:25 PM   #215
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_only_turek_fan View Post
No it’s a bunch of posters on this board who call conservatives and conservative voters deplorable. That is what gets me upset. It is a direct shot at us.

No one says anything. Johnny Makarov has called voters of MRG deplorable. I lived in her riding for 20 years. My parents still live there. Are we deplorable?

I am so tired of these flybys. It makes you guys look condescending and intolerant.
My original statement which caused your angry rant was, "The federal Conservative Party, to which she belongs, has been shamelessly courting the vote of racist deplorables for years."

This is objectively true. The CPC has been making blatant appeals for the support of the absolute worst and most deplorable people in Canadian society including, but not limited to, racists, sexists, homophobes, transphobes, science-denying anti-vaxxers, Freedumb Convoy members, and more. Former party leader Erin O'Toole was voted out by his own caucus members because he wasn't deplorable enough for them. This is fact.

What I did not say is that every person who votes for the Conservative Party is deplorable...but at best it's not a deal-breaker to be in the same tent as those people.
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post: