Thread: Headphone amp
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 12:33 PM   #31
Igotnothing
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

JDS amp and dac arrived a couple of days ago . Didn't count on needing RCA cables, ended up having to use component cables of all things, in the mean time, but did order some short ones from Amazon. In retrospect I would have added the JDS RCA cables to my order as they are malleable and extremely short, which works for stacking these on top of each other.

The amp definitely provides a lot more power then my PC was. I noticed powered just by the onboard soundcard it didn't get very loud at all. Also, having a physical knob to quickly and easily use to adjust the volume is much easier than having to use the Windows volume control, obviously, but still worth noting. The amp and dac are close to, which help as the cable is a bit on the short side although it does have a lot of coil, but then you're getting that pulling when you stretch it.

I do hear things I wasn't before but I also think my hearing isn't great and i'm likely not taking full advantage of what I've got. Still, I'm really happy with this set up and scared that it opens up the possibility of being able to buy more headphones that will be easy to power haha. Also, for no good reason, I can foresee a desire to buy a better amp and or dac, just because.

Thanks again for all the advice leading up to this.
Igotnothing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Igotnothing For This Useful Post: