View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 09:00 AM   #106
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I GMG. I committed the cardinal sin of hot pepper handling. I bought some Jamaican hot peppers from T&T on the weekend and thought I’d try pickling them. I cleaned, cored, removed the seeds, etc. After finishing, washed my hands, and I was about to leave the house and thought I should just move them off the cutting board and transfer them to a bowl. Didn’t wash my hands that time - obviously a mistake - got in the car and without thinking, used my finger to dislodge a eye-crusty from the corner of my eye. Nothing bad immediately. Drove my daughter to meet her friend and while parked I could feel the fire starting to engulf my eyes and face. I was having trouble keeping that eye open and then I tried using my sleeve to wipe the tears away but all that did was just spread it around and made it worse. While mostly blind, I was able to rummage through my daughter’s things and found a bottle of water. I got out of the car, and started dosing my face with water, but I couldn’t open my eyes enough to flush them out, so all I was really accomplishing was soaking myself. Eventually, I forced my eyes open, but I had basically run out water. At that point though, my daughter and her friend had come out, no doubt wondering why I was pacing back and forth next to the car, facing the sky, and dumping water on my face. After receiving some well-deserved admonishment for not handling the peppers properly, they went back and retrieved more water for me and eventually I was able to open my eyes and see without searing pain.

Anyway, that was fun.

I made that mistake once but my wife was on the receiving end. Not good….
edslunch is offline   Reply With Quote