Thread: Theoren Fleury
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2022, 12:17 PM   #242
GIODUDE
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJuice View Post
Lol, I also remember when I was a little kid and Fleury was my absolute favorite player, probably something common for many young Flames fans. Who doesnt like the story of the small underdog player who has heart and skill, and can stand up to all the bigger tougher guys in the league. Then over the years he started to unravel more and more and you heard more first hand stories of people who ran into him and said he seemed like a jackass in real life and it really disappointed me. All of his recent political views and thoughts on vaccines and weird conspiracy theories just make him seem like a deranged lunatic. Sad to think I used to idolize this guy when I was young.

Then Jarome came along and it was night and day in the way they carry and conduct themselves. Guy seems truly like a genuinely nice human being. I mean, you can never tell, but I've heard so many anecdotal stories of people I know who have run into Jarome in the city over the many years and they had nothing but wonderful things to say about him.

Sorry for the rambling off topic thoughts, just seeing theo saying that dumb #### on fox today just made me reminisce abit. How far the dude has fallen.
I guess the difference was that Jerome wasn't horrendously sexually abused. That might have some effect on one's demeanor.
GIODUDE is offline   Reply With Quote